Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's been a long, long, long time...

… but a good blogger ought to update at least once every seven or eight months or so, I suppose.

Fact of the matter is that I haven't had a lot to say. Or, rather, that I haven't had the language to say a lot for some time. Things appear to be getting better, at least in terms of written language — it still requires the patience of a saint to talk with me in the real-time audio sphere — but there appears to be a persistent connection to some level of grammar now, so I am sending out a signal in hopes of receiving an ACK from somewhere.

I've learned a lot about myself in the last few months. Take away an intellectual's intellect, and he's left wondering who he is. (Sometimes literally. That's every bit as scary as it sounds.) Take away his ability to communicate, to express himself, and (more importantly) to read and understand others, and the question turns to what it means to be human. I hope to take you on a guided tour of my explorations over the next little while, for as long as I can stitch my thoughts together coherently. I am not taking this for granted; there have been too many times when medication has caused a short-term improvement in my symptoms only to fail again in a couple of weeks. Let's see where this goes.

Physically, I'm no better, but that seems utterly unimportant compared to being able to walk a block to the grocery store without getting lost. I'll take the trade-off, thanks.

18 comments:

belgort said...

Glad to hear from you Stan. Can't wait for some more posts.

Rob McDonagh said...

ACK!

Seriously, glad to see this show up in GReader tonight. Rooting for you, as always, Stan.

Rick said...

Good to see you back. I hope it's for a good long time. God bless you.

Gregg said...

Even though I see your occasional posts on Notes.Net, it really makes me happy to see you back here. Best wishes and good health, always.

JYR said...

Glad to hear form you Stan,

We love you!

JYR

Kevin Pettitt said...

Stan, great to see you blogging! Should have known I'd find a new post from you. For the first time in weeks I'm poking around Notes.net 10 minutes ago and of course one of your helpful posts comes up in the search. And then I switch to PlanetLotus and voila!

Hopefully, no matter how out of it you may get, you'll always remember there are a huge bunch of us that want to see you beat this.

Keep 'em coming!

Lotus Evangelist said...

ACK! ACK! Glad to see you back.

Julian Robichaux said...

Hey Stan! Signal received. Looking forward to hearing more from you soon.

Jerry Carter said...

Stan - glad to see a ping from you. You do us a service to share your experiences. God be with you.

Vitor Pereira said...

Great to hear from you Stan! Welcome back.

Giuseppe said...

Happy to read from you again! Don't make us wait again for so many months ok?

Erik Brooks said...

I didn't know you had a blog, Stan, but I did notice you kind of dropped off the forums where we crossed paths on occasion. When I read this blog post I was wondering "What is this?", so I read back a few posts. Wow, I had no idea.

It's definitely good to hear from you. And know that we're all rooting for you!

wild bill said...

As if we could forget ye!

Good to hear your on the mend again - we've missed you.

---* Bill

Jess Stratton said...

Great to "see" you again, Stan.

Esther said...

Glad to see you back, Stan. Here's hoping your health will continue to improve. We miss you!

Esther

Lady Sterling said...

I know you don't know me, but when I see your posts on Notes.net forum, I sit up and pay attention! Love your contributions. Anxiously looking to see what's brewing. :-)

Phil said...

Glad to see you back!

I hope you're around for a while.

(Although the fact that I already see a second "new" post is encouraging...)

Karen said...

Stan! Welcome back!

Stan, you blogged four times last year. Four. And look how many people are still hanging around outside your front door hoping you'll come out to play. That's how awesome you are. Okay, don't wait this long again - the gushing is embarrassing.

I look forward to the guided tour of your explorations.